Wednesday, March 17, 2010

University Visits

I've just returned from my university visit to Brock University. Here are a few of the things I noticed:
1. It's close to Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor waterpark/hotel! It has a water coaster for the people who enjoy those things (not me) and a lazy river for those who enjoy going around in circles with their feet up (me). If you're ever looking for a way to totally relax, lazy river my friend. If there is one thing I have discovered, it is that.
2. I have no idea where the heck Lost is going. If you've ever watched the movie Gigantic you'll know the feelings, having no idea where its going (kinda thrilling) and having no idea where its going (kinda annoying). Just sub in a smoke monster for the crazy homeless man, and an actual enjoyable plot and they're very similar. Let's hope the ending is better than the homeless man being imaginary (sorry, but you really shouldn't watch it anyways, consider it a favour).
3. If I could get 1) a skeeball machine 2) star wars arcade shooter (newer one) 3) Pacman, in my house...oh it wouldn't be healthy.
4. Finally some Brock things. Brock is awesome. My one piece of advice to anyone choosing universities is to visit the schools (not the website). When you find the right one, I think you'll know it. Maybe it'll be the Macs in the computer lab (Mac Pro btw, just sayin), or just the feel but you will know. In addition to that, maybe spend a bit of the time alone. Families try to be helpful, and they are, but they aren't with you in university, what you feel is what matters.
5. In Death of a Salesman, when Happy keeps saying "I'm losing weight Pop" but Willy doesn't even respond to him...unimaginably sad. Just noticed that on the second time through.
6. Keeping in touch is going to be hard. In the two days since I've been gone it has felt like much longer. I'm going to have to find a better way than texting...something for the future.
I will continue this later. It's late and there is a waterslide to supervise tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers